Monday, February 28, 2011

Baby Dedication Day

Last Sunday was the Parent Commitment Service at church (aka Baby Dedication Day). Sam was by far the best behaved baby in the service - he slept all the way through the sermon ;) A special thanks to all of his Family and Friends Fan Club for coming to support us and stand with us as we made our commitment to raise Samuel in a way that is pleasing to the Lord.

babyday01

1 Samuel 1:15, 27-28
I am a woman of sorrowful spirit...(and) have poured out my soul before the Lord. I asked the Lord to give me this boy and He has granted my request. Now I am giving him to the Lord, and he will belong to the Lord his whole life.

babyday02

1 Samuel 2:21
The boy Samuel grew up in the presence of the LORD.

babyday04

1 Samuel 2:26
The boy Samuel continued to grow in stature and in favor with the LORD and with men.

1 comment:

  1. Oh...thanks so much for posting. The scripture is so perfect. Makes me love the name 'Samuel' even more!

    ReplyDelete